Saturday, April 3, 2021

Critical Reflection_Module Learning

 

It is a great privilege to participate in the Effective Communication course to achieve my goal of being even bolder, getting to the heart of details, and being creative in communication to get attention. I was able to learn new skills and techniques in the form of verbal and written communication.

Verbal communication allowed me to reflect on my clarity while communicating in class and with my professor. Finally, this portrayed my confidence and assertiveness in my conversation, which was mostly able to connect with how my friends were feeling and thinking. I have learned that I need to adapt my communication style to the situation at hand to ensure effective engagement. I have started to communicate to the point and avoid being long-winded. In a mini-group presentation, the work is mainly timed, so I must convey my thoughts in a very constructive way and ensure that I have delivered well. During the presentation I needed to be concise and choose my words wisely and use them in a timely manner. I always keep an appropriate pace and make pauses in my presentation to be captivating.

I have enlightened myself to write expressively to explain the content well. I have also learned to sift out the most important ideas and write them as a short summary and make sure to keep the same meaning. Writing a blog is another interesting thing I have learned in this course. This is something new that I have not been exposed to before. Writing a blog is a class assignment that is often restricted with limited words, so I must be careful to get my point across. In this way, I feel confident that I will achieve my goals by the end of this course. As of now, I can feel that I am moving towards my goal.


The things I learned in the Effective Communication course relate completely back to my work. I have to write permit papers, contract documents, do a lot of presentations. There is one thing I could not relate to, which is writing expressively. The nature of my work does not require me to write expressively, so this part of the module does not benefit me. At the same time, I am very glad and happy because most of the materials in the module are very useful for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Summary + Reader Response_Draft 4

  In the article, “An Architect’s Guide to Building with Bamboo”, Vadot (n.d) states that bamboo is a reliable and sustainable future constr...